Yongwei Wu wrote:
[...]
(maybe someone should
write a program to automatically update the runtime files?). [...]

How to update the runtime files is OS-dependent, but it is usually not much more than a one-liner. On my SuSE Linux system (with bash), I use

 cd ~/.build/vim/vim70
 rsync -avzcP --delete --exclude="/dos/" ftp.nluug.nl::Vim/runtime/ ./runtime/
 cd src
 make installruntime > ../inst_rt.log 2>&1

(the important line is the second one; the third and fourth ones are not necessary if I compile immediately afterwards). Bill McCarthy (on Windows with 4NT.EXE) uses

 copy /us "ftp://ftp.home.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/dos/*"; c:\vim\vim70\

Method I should work on any Unix-like system, including Cygwin if rsync is installed. I don't know whether Method II works with CMD.EXE.