This is not new behavior for VIM, but I am finally asking.

I would like to be able to repeat via '.' my last cut/paste action.
For example:
cw5<C-V>

After I do the above, the repeat function '.' does not work.
This does work on my old 'vi' that I use on Solaris.

Tom Hertneky

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and
thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. PNC’s
postal address is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to
receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this
e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe.