I am almost certain that this has been asked before, and I am almost sure that
the answer is "no, that would be silly", but I can't find anything in the
archives, in :help or on Google in general. I am suffering the aftereffects of
a bout of flu today, so perhaps I'm just being bad at searching.

Basically, is there any (easy) way of preserving the undo stack between
sessions? I typically work with half a dozen tabs and 20-30 files open at any
one time and whenever I need to reboot my machine then I do a :mksession and
reload it when I come back. It is ridiculously useful, but I would love if the
undo was stored too.

Cheers, and sorry for asking this over-asked question again.

Max