Benji Fisher wrote:
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:08:58PM +0800, Edward Wong wrote:
Dear all,

Just tried downloading gvim-7-0-118 from sourceforge and AVG detects
there is a trojan virus. Can it be a false alarm?

Ed

     Please be more specific.  Can you give a link to the archive you
downloaded?  Or did you use CVS or SVN (and , if so, what command did
you use)?

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher

I suspect it's Steve Hall's build for W32, which is hosted on the sourceforge servers nowadays (at https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43866&package_id=39721 ). If my guess is right, I would expect a false alarm, but I can't guarantee that even Steve and SourceForge are immune to virus infestation. If you want to suffer from no other viruses than your own ones, you (Edward) can compile your own Vim: it is not really hard. See my HowTo page (for Windows it's at http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm ) if you're interested.