In some text, I've got compound words separated by a single hyphen. For convenience of yanking, I've added the hyphen to my iskeyword setting which works nicely for the most part. However, I also use a doubled-hyphen to the effect one would use an em-dash which leads to the unwanted situation that a yank of a "word" now includes the first word of the subordinate sentence structure--such as this where the dashes are doubled--and effects my ^N/^P searching (as duplicates appear for entries followed by the double-dash).

I'm on the prowl for some way to keep the iskeyword behavior for things like "doubled-hyphen" and "em-dash" in the above paragraph, but exclude things like "structure--such" and "doubled--and", limiting the "word" to things with a dash only if that dash is not repeated. Something like "\w-\w" but not "\w-\+\w" (assuming that "-" isn't part of iskeyword for this example)

Any hints?

Thanks,

-tim