On 10/18/06, Gary Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Note that the messages say that configure is checking for tgetent in
termlib, termcap and curses.  They say nothing about checking in
ncurses.  If you want to use ncurses, you have to tell configure
that:

    ./configure --with-tlib=ncurses [<other options>]

As long as you installed ncurses in a standard place, you don't need
to say where you put it.

Yeah, I tried this too. Since I installed ncurses with Yum, I am
assuming that it must be installed in the right place. I get the
following error with the above mentioned command:

<snip>
checking --with-tlib argument... ncurses
checking for linking with ncurses library... configure: error: FAILED
</snip>

It surely looks like libncurses is in the wrong place. Does anyone
know what are the exact library files and where they need to be?
Here is the uname -a output from my machine:

Linux altair 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp #1 SMP Thu Jun 2 23:08:39 EDT 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

TIA,
Ajay

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division