On 2006-10-19, eric1235711 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> here it's in this way:
> C:/Program Files/Vim
> and it contains vim70/ and vimfiles/
>
> Oh, thanks, Gary! it worked!!!
>
> But I didn´t like it!!!
>
> when I changed C:/Program Files/Vim/vimfiles/ftplugin/php.vim it stoped
> 'autowriting' comments in new lines...
> but when I changed C:/Program Files/Vim/vimfiles/after/ftplugin/php.vim it
> worked perfectly...
>
> I didn´t undertand... why did it work?

You're welcome.  Take a look at:

    :help rtp

When you load a buffer that vim determines to be of filetype php,
vim searches the runtimepath for filetype plugins to source.  It
will source your C:/Program Files/Vim/vimfiles/ftplugin/php.vim,
then the C:/Program Files/Vim/vim70/ftplugin/php.vim that came with
the vim distribution, then your
C:/Program Files/Vim/vimfiles/after/ftplugin/php.vim.  So, settings
that you put in C:/Program Files/Vim/vimfiles/ftplugin/php.vim may
be overridden by the settings in
C:/Program Files/Vim/vim70/ftplugin/php.vim, but since
C:/Program Files/Vim/vimfiles/after/ftplugin/php.vim is sourced
last, its settings will "win".

I hope that helps explain what you're seeing.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division