On 2006-10-20, vim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everobody,
>
> I recently had a very similar conversation with three guys on #vim
> (irc.freenode.net).
>
> Basicaly, there is two official help for Vim:
>    - the vimtutor
>    - :help
>
> And that's basically it.

I don't think that's true.  Vim :help comprises two manuals:

    Vim User Manual      - :help user-manual
    Vim Reference Manual - :help reference

This is even discussed in ":help 01.1".  The User Manual is written
in a different style than the Reference Manual and is more readable.
I believe the User Manual is intended to be the intermediate-level
guide you're looking for.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division