Hi Hari,

On 10/22/06, Hari Krishna Dara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I see functions for creating new unlisted buffers (bufnr() with {create}
option), and for reading the lines from the buffer using getbufline(),
all without having to change the current buffer, but I don't see a
setbufline() so there is no way to set the lines without having to
switch to it. Is there a reason to leave this circle incomplete?

Yes. I had a patch for the setbufline() function last year. There were
several problems with it. So it was not included in Vim7 and only
the getbufline() function was included.

The setbufline() function worked only for loaded buffers. The undo
history was not updated correctly.

But I agree that it will be good to have the setbufline() function.

- Yegappan