On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 02:15:53PM +0100, Hugo Ahlenius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up my subversion client(s) so that I can get any diffs
> open in a proper diff mode, in an existing gvim session, in a new tab...
>
> Any tips for that? Do you I have to construct a more complicated
> command-line for that -- I just tried:
>
> --remote-tab -d %1 %2
>
> but that opened each file in a separate tab...

     Did you try (untested by me)

--remote-tab +"diffsplit %2" %1

(Will the %2 need any special escaping inside the quotes?  What if %2
has spaces in the file name (ugh)?)

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:20:42AM +0100, Hugo Ahlenius wrote:
> | I don't know how to do exactly what you ask, but have you seen
> | vcscommand.vim?
> |
> | http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=90
> |
> | It has a VCSVimDiff command that will use the svn client to get a diff
> | and then show the result as a vimdiff.
>
> Hi Al, I have that, and that is what I would use from within vim - but there
> are times when I would like to have things open from external tools, like my
> svn browser (or my cvs manager). There are other cases as well.

     Have you tried something like

--remote-tab +VCSVimDiff %1

yet?  I do not use this, so I have no idea what the syntax of the
:VCSVimDiff command is.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher