Say I open vim7's new super duper file explorer
"netrw" to browse some local directory. Say then I
decide I don't want to open any new file and just
want to go back to what I was doing. What would be
the standard way to do that?

On 2006-11-04, Jean-Rene David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Yegappan Lakshmanan [2006.11.04 13:00]:
> > You can try using CTRL-^ to jump to the alternate buffer.
>
> Good idea.

You can also use ":e#" to edit the alternate buffer.

> Well personally I find not having a "quit" or
> "exit" function pretty close to a bug. But there
> are so many ways around it I don't find it a very
> serious one...

This is not a bug, nor close to a bug.

Opening the file explorer in a buffer is no different fundamentally
from opening a file in a buffer.  The commands and behaviors are
different from those you use when editing a file, but it's still
just text in a buffer.

When you open file A, then open file B, then want to go back to A,
you don't do so by quitting B--you explicitly open A.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division