Eric Leenman wrote:
Hi

How do I recall my home drive?
When I now tell g:backup_directory="\\temp\\vim_backup"
it creates the drive on U: and I would expect C:

Rgds,
Eric

How do you define "the home drive"?

If it's the first hard drive, then it's C:

If it's the drive containing the Vim distribution, then it is fnamemodify(expand("$VIMRUNTIME"),":p")[0:1]

Similarly with $HOME instead of $VIMRUNTIME for the drive containing your home directory.

All this on Dos-like operating systems *only* .

Or you might want to use a different environment variable and do simply

        :let g:backup_directory = $TEMP . '\vim_backup'

assuming of course that $TEMP is nonempty.