On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Krzysztof Maj wrote:

> Hugh Sasse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napisa?(a):
> > On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Krzysztof Maj wrote:

        [...]
> >> could be very usefull. But my question is how does it works on Mac OSX,
> >>  how
> >
> > Do you have reason to believe it works differently on Mac OSX compared
> > to other platforms?  Or are you just telling us your platform?
>
> Well, my platform at home is currently Mac OSX and I've found that some
> things work diffrent, that's why I asked. I didn't know before, that
> spellcheking engine has been built in VIM. So I started to worry about it
> since Mac OSX doesn't have ispell or aspell by default.

It is a unix, so it should have some spell checker available.  Maybe
just `spell`?  /usr/dict/words exists?  `man -k spell` might tell
you something if the whatis databases exist.  I don't have access
to Mac OSX to check.

> >> to configure it on this platform and choose the language which I wanna
> >>

> > :he spell
> > :he spelllang
>
> OK, we'll see if VIM has iso-8859-2 or cp1250 or Mac syntax which I wanna
> use...

Those are just font choices, I think, so the spell checking should be
orthogonal to that.
        [...]
> >> prefer? Additionally, is it any chance to ommit special characters
> >> during
> >> the spellcheck in LaTeX files for instance?
> > :he spell-syntax
> > essentially, yes.
>
> Thanks for pointer, I'll read it for sure.

Probably don't need that level of detail, until you encounter a problem.

> >> Krzysztof Maj

        Hugh