[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quoting Vim Visual <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I have a text file like

Mr Bla Blo
Ms Ble Blu
Dr Bli Blu
etc

and I would like to sort the file alphabetically after the surname
(3rd column). How can I do that? I know how to sort it after the first
one (visual + !sort)

May I suggest looking at "How to sort using visual blocks" at:

http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=588
In addition, are your firstnames always just three letters long? If they vary in length, then are they already padded so that you actually have columns? If they're not, then you might want to use the \tsp map in AlignMaps.vim to get them lined up. See http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=294 .

Regards,
Chip Campbell