Hi
I've just come across a (Windows) utility which stores the last 25 things
(clips) that you've copied and pasted. Click on the utility in your system
tray and up pops a 5 by 5 grid.
Each pigeon hole in the grid shows enough of the clip to help you recall
the one you want.
click in the pigeon hole and it pastes the contents.

It's called M8 Free Multi Clipboard (I think it's WONDERFUL, so here I am
telling everyone about it)

I also use a Text Replacement Utility called ShortKeys which acts a bit
like a VIM abbreviation ie you type a short code and it replaces the code
with a long sequence of text or code that you use frequently eg a chunk of
code, an address etc.

I use also use a Screenscraper which allows me to copy and paste text from
applications that normally don't allow it.

I've done a page to describe these tools in more details.

http://successtheory.com/tips/vimtools.php

They are mostly or are all free, and there are probably many other
alternatives (please post here if you have your own preferences). They are
also mostly Windows but I expect there are similar *nix versions)

--
zzapper
Best of VimTips