Tony,

Yes, you got it.  I just checked it and found a couple insert mode
mappings with an initial comma.  They are defined by a plugin.

I uninstalled that plugin and the delay went away.

Thanks,

--
B.Y.

On 11/30/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ying Bian wrote:
> Vimers,
>
> I set my mapleader to comma (,).  Although I do not have any
> insert-mode maps starting
> with comma, whenever I type "," in insert mode, it still waits for a
> while (the value of
> timeoutlen).
>
> Is there any way to "disable" the mapleader in insert mode so that vim
> will be more
> responsive when I type the mapleader?

The mapleader value is used when the mapping is _defined_ not invoked.

Check your mappings:

        :map!

Don't forget the exclamation mark. Are you sure you don't see any mapping
there with an initial comma?

Also

        :echo hasmapto(',', 'i')

The answer should be zero if you have no insert-mode mapping to anything that
includes a comma, one if you do.

Note that you can type the next character after the comma (usually a space)
regardless of whether you already see the comma displayed in Vim. If
comma-space is not mapped, typing them will make both bytes appear in the
buffer.

You may try the following, but I don't think it will work:

        autocmd InsertEnter * let mapleader = ""
        autocmd InsertLeave * let mapleader = ","

B.Y.