Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:

I have a netrw user using WinXP who wants to use ssh; currently, he doesn't have such an executable. I tend to use cygwin, but that's like asking one to build a home instead of new cabinets for the kitchen.

So, where can he get ssh for WinXP?

I'm likely to put a synopsis of any answers in netrw's help.

Hello!

Thank you for your suggestions -- as I mentioned, I'll be including a synopsis in netrw's help. Looks like there're four solutions: putty, openssh, gnuwin32, and including a couple of files from cygwin (although for that last case I'm not sure how one would get just the two without downloading the
entire distribution).  It'll be netrw-problem #8 (:help netrw-P8).

Regards,
Chip Campbell