On 12/3/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yakov Lerner wrote:
[...]
> My vim is build with +mbyte ('huge' build). gvim shows russian letters.
> vim under console, no. The linux is FC5.
>
> Yakov

+mbyte is required for Unicode support as well as for any 16-bit encoding.
Do you mean has('multi_byte') ? I have it.

Russian letters in the konsole requires a UTF-8 (or Russian-localised) konsole
and a console font (set outside of Vim) which includes the necessary glyphs.
I have russian in konsole which is confirmed by cat''ting the file in konsole.
I see russian letters when I 'cat' the file. 'konsole' is set to utf8. Why
vim does not show russian then (enc and fenc are set to utf-8) ?

Yakov