Guido Van Hoecke wrote:

Hi,

I recently started using Dr.Chips Manpageviewer
http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/vbafiles/manpageview.vba.gz

There's one problem, though. It has problems to display certain
characters (in vim as well as gvim, on ubuntu 6.10) and displays their
hex code, such as: <80>, <80><98>, <89> ...

Is this something about my setup? There's no problem with viewing the
affected man pages in a gnome-terminal, nor with the default man.vim man
page viewer.

I already mentionned this problem in another thread, but it probably got
lost in it.

Any help would be appreciated. I like this Manpageviewer, a.o. for its
optimised use of screen real estate. But this little display hickup is a
nuisance.

Please try some of the suggestions mentioned with g:manpageview_options
(see  :help manpageview_options  ).

Regards,
Chip Campbell