Mayur Pant wrote:
Hi,

thanks for that: I checked, and it's set to mouse =ar mousemodel = extend,

but click at a position still doesn't not move the block cursor position; although triple clicking selects the word...

   any idea what the issue could be?

                thanks,

                    I'll keep checking the help file too...

                             Mayur

Which version/patchlevel are you using? (See the first 4 lines of the output of ":version"; and see ":help :redir" about how to capture that output.) I have

VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled Dec  5 2006 22:18:11)
Included patches: 1-178
Compiled by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
(etc.)

and here I see the following:

single left click positions cursor
double left click selects word (except in help, where it jumps to help for clicked word)
triple left click selects line
quadruple left click selects block

You say a triple left click selects word...
- What happens on double click?
- Do you have mappings with left-hand sides like
<LeftMouse>, <2-LeftMouse>, <3-LeftMouse> etc.?