Hi Tony :)

 * A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dixit:
> DervishD wrote:
> >    Of course, but given that even in the GUI version the problem
> >happens (I thought that the bar was in between characters, and not at
> >the 25% leftmost position), I'm inclined to think it is a bug and not a
> >feature. Specially because it is a bit annoying, when moving around in
> >insert mode, not being able to know the byte value of a character when I
> >need to. Of course, I can switch to normal mode or map something to "g8"
> >in insert mode, but...
>
> ga (or in Insert mode Ctrl-O ga) is what you want: g8 is used in UTF-8 to
> show the actual bytes which represent the character: e.g. on the letter é
> (small e with acute accent), ga shows "<é> 233, Hex 00e9, Octal 351" while
> g8 shows "c3 a9".

    I just didn't remember about ga, and I was using g8 most of the time
O:)))) Thanks a lot for the tip :))

> >    Thanks for all and à bientôt :))
>
> De nada, y hasta luego, amigo.

    Do you speak spanish? I studied french a long time ago, and I'm
afraid I'm no longer able to maintain a conversation in french, although
I still understand it a bit. Your spanish is for sure much better than
my french O:)))

    Again, thanks for the nice gesture, you're very kind :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado