On Tue 9-Jan-07 1:33pm -0600, Guido Van Hoecke wrote:

> I realised that v98 is an old one, it came with the default install of my
> vim 7 with patches 1-35. So I got netrw v107 and sourced it with :so%

Indeed you are out of date.  I was using netrw 108b until,
apparently, yesterday when I updated my runtime files from
FTP - that downgraded me to netrw 107.

I tested with 107 then restored 108b and tested again.  I'm
currently running vim/gvim 7.0.182 (patches 179-182 were
made available today).  You can update your source files
from cvs (already at 182) or svn (at 178 but usually updates
each evening - it is quite nice).

But these only update source - you still need to update the
runtime files from FTP - others have posted automatic
updating scripts for 'nix and I've posted one for 4nt.

Your problems with vimballs is likely due to not updating
vimball - it's at version 21 on both the FTP site and Dr
Chip's site.

I can't confirm you problem with netrw, although I have
found a small inconsistency.

The first time I use ctrl-h, the "a" map mode is switched to
Hidden.  Any subsequent ctrl-h, does not change the mode.  I
think it would be more intuitive to change the mode from
normal to hidden, but leave the mode alone if already on
hidden or show.

Bill