Max Dyckhoff wrote:
That's strange, my marks are maintained when I do an reload the buffer with :e,
and the jumplist seems to be preserved, too. I never use either mechanism, but
a little experiment shows they are still there. Perhaps there are other things
that are erased too though, a side-effect I hadn't thought of.

Perhaps it is something to do with my vimrc; I am pretty keen on keeping things
around for as long as possible (:set hidden, :set history=1000, etc)

Max

Marks are remembered in the viminfo: local marks according to 'nn (nn = number of files) which must be included whenever 'viminfo' is nonempty, and global marks according to f (default=all, fn [n != 0] =all, f0 = none).

Best regards,
Tony.
--
The assertion that "all men are created equal" was of no practical use
in effecting our separation from Great Britain and it was placed in the