On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:56:52PM +0000, Tom Whittock wrote:
> Hi Vim users.
>
> I have a question: Given a standard function call block of text:
>
> func(arg1, arg2, arg3);
>
> how do people here deal with editing the argument list efficiently?
>
> I'm looking to try to create a custom motion to allow me to move
> across and change arguments with a minimum number of keystrokes, as I
> find myself doing that a fair bit. This is what I quickly came up with
> (it's buggy - I don't deal with many cases here)
>
> /\((\zs.\)\|\(,\zs.\)\|\()\)
>
> which puts search marks here:
>
> func(_arg1,_ arg2,_ arg3_);

Perhags you should have a look at EasyHtml which solves at least
deleting, inserting of attributes in another way.
It opens a new window and shows

win 1      main win
arg1  |
arg2  |   func ( ..
arg3  |

so you can add args and remove them in the view on the left ?
At least this is another way to think about it?
It would be a little bit more work to implement properly.

Marc