Alright, I found the solution to my problem. Albi, you gave me the idea to
try to launch gvim from shell, so I launched:

gvim filetoedit.tex

and the \lv command worked, meaning gvim managed to launch kdvi. Fine.

So what was happening when I was opening the file by double-clicking on it?
gvim was executed with the -f option, meaning the file was started with the
following command:

gvim -f filetoedit.tex

Here is was the man page of gvim tells us about this option :

-f          Foreground.  For the GUI version, Vim will not  fork  and detach
from  the shell it was started in.  On the Amiga,                   Vim is
not restarted to open a new window.   This  option should  be  used  when
Vim is executed by a program that                   will wait for the edit
session to finish (e.g. mail).  On the Amiga the ":sh" and ":!" commands
will not work.

Now, I don't understand at all what this option does but executing gvim
without it solves the problem. All I had to do was to tell Konqueror that
after double-clicking on a .tex file the command gvim %U is executed.

Thanks everyone
Régis B.