Hi,

On 2/17/07, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Larry Alkoff wrote:
> Tim Chase wrote:
>>> I know every ex command starts with a colon.
>>>
>>> Is the reverse true in every case?
>>> Is _every_ command that starts with a colon an ex command?
>>>

>> Pretty much any command you can use in ex mode, one can also use
>> in scripts (and vice-versa) which makes for some very powerful
>> vim-script actions.

Vhat Vim calls "ex-commands" are prefixed by a colon when typed at the
command-line (the colon is actually used to go from Normal mode to
Command-line mode). There are more of them than what was originally valid in
the "ex" program; and you can even define your own (using the ":command"
command).

For a complete list of ex commands, refer to the following help topic:

  :help ex-cmd-index

- Yegappan