>The automated mail account would:
>- Drop any message where subject does not start with "vimtip".
>- Forward vimtip messages to a Vim mailing list.
>Ideally there would also be some logic to switch off if a burst
>of messages occurs (abuse defence). I realise that an automatic
>way of spamming a mailing list is dangerous ... any ideas?

I was thinking something along the lines of 'vim' itself as far as
wikiing changes, etc.

Ie, the user makes some changes and submits it to the automated mailing
list.  The page itself isn't changed until the submission is "approved".
The equivalent of a 'vimdiff' between old and new would point out
typo-corrections, additions, deletions, etc., in a nice viewable way.

If the submission is approved, the changes are passed along to the
official wiki page, and if not, the change is discarded (sort of a
reverse-undo).

All the admin (one of many, I'd imagine) would have to do is look at the
diffs, see if the changes make sense (ie, no added-ads, etc.), then
approve it, eg, forwarding email to the wiki engine that'd make the
change (I'm assuming/presuming that can all be automated somehow).
Naturally, have a history as to be able to undo/rollback any changes if
a spambot *does* make its way through even a password-protected email
account.

Very wikiish as far as anyone being able to make changes, minimal burden
on the admins by simply approving/rejecting edits (it, not requiring
them to actually enter said changes), in short, all the niceties of a
wiki but with some protection via manual intervention.