Michael Wookey wrote:

> > OTOH, the svn repository is known to "lag behind" the other
> > repositories, sometimes by a week or more: diffing against it runs
> > the risk of forking the code. IIUC, the "latest on nluug.nl" is also
> > the "latest official version" at any point in time. You can compare
> > the first line of the version you have with the one I showed above.
> > I think it is wise to always diff against the latest known version,
> > whichever it be: IOW, if your version is earlier than mine, it
> > will "imminently" be obsoleted, even if your patch is not accepted.
>
> Excellent point.  Bram - what is your preference for documentation
> patches?

Mostly it doesn't matter much, especially for small changes like this
one.  For larger changes it's better to diff against the runtime files
on the ftp site.  These are more recent, since I don't send out patches
for runtime files (except when it's related to source code changes).

See http://www.vim.org/runtime.php

--
    [clop clop]
GUARD #1:  Halt!  Who goes there?