felipe fernandez wrote:
I update vim 6.3 to 7.0 on my debian.  The error is
Se ha detectado un error al procesar /usr/share/vim/vim70/menu.vim:
línea  150
E121: Variable sin definir: paste#paste_cmd.
E15: Expresión no válida: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
paste#paste_cmd['v']

Thanks

It's in Spanish, and IIUC it means:

Error detected while processing /usr/share/vim/vim70/menu.vim:
line 150
E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd
E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
paste#paste_cmd['v']

I suppose you applied all current patches. If you didn't, you should. See http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm for details.

I also recommend compiling Vim from Bram's sources rather than trust Unix/Linux distributions, which always lag behind by weeks if not months (or years). The URL above will tell you how.

If, after compiling Vim yourself with all patches, you still get the same error E121, try the following to get all the latest runtime files:

1. Exit Vim.
2. cd to vim70 in your "build" directory tree (the parent of the runtime/ src/ and other directories); then

 rsync -avzcP --delete --exclude="/dos/" ftp.nluug.nl::Vim/runtime/ ./runtime/
 cd src
 make installruntime

You may or may not have to remove obsolete files from your $VIMRUNTIME directory and below.

This (keeping one's runtime files up-to-date) was explained no earlier than yesterday in this same mailing list, in a thread titled "Spell check not working when editing HTML".

Oh, and I forgot: if your shell environment (outside of Vim) includes a setting for $VIMRUNTIME, remove it, especially if it's set to the .../vim63/ directory. Vim ought to be able to find its runtime files anyway. Also make sure (using "vim --version |more" without the quotes at the shell prompt) that the first Vim in your $PATH is your new Vim 7.0.

A diplomat is a man who can convince his wife she'd look stout in a fur
coat.