shawn bright wrote:
lo there,
i just discovered omni-complete . i am starting to use vim for some
python and ruby scripting for work. i found omni-complete. I can type
time.ctrl-x ctrl-o and a list of funtions pop up for me to choose.
but....
how do i navigate the list without using arrow keys ? it is getting
kinda natrual to use jk to move up and down ( i find myself typing j
and k into other text editors)

what keys do i use to navigate and select the function from the list ?

thanks
sk

Try Ctrl-N (next) and Ctrl-P (previous), as mentioned under ":help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-O". The same keys are used for other kinds of Insert-mode completion.

IIUC, when you're at the first match, Ctrl-P goes back to what you typed without removing the menu: thus, you can type in more characters of context and the menu will change accordingly.

If Jesus Christ were to come today, people would not even crucify him.
They would ask him to dinner, and hear what he had to say, and make fun
of it.
                -- Thomas Carlyle