Mahesh Sivasubramanian/Lex/Lexmark
04/11/2007 10:57 AM

"Yakov Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
vim@vim.org
Subject
Re: remote-silent and stdin

Sorry I wasn't clear last time. I am trying to redirect the output of
stdin to a remote client(not necessarily ls). Like if I want to do a

cat <file> | gvim --remote-silent .
Its looks like -remote-silent takes in only files as arguments.

Mahesh

"Yakov Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/11/2007 10:52 AM

"Mahesh Sivasubramanian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
vim@vim.org
Subject
Re: remote-silent and stdin

On 4/10/07, Mahesh Sivasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to do something to the effect of
>
> ls | gvim - --remote-client.  or ls | gvim --remote-client -
>
> However, vi sees the - as a file name and opens a new filename. Is there
> way to open the stdin output on a gvim server?

Do some of these do what you want :

     gvim --remote `ls`
     gvim --remote $(ls)
     gvim --remote-silent `ls`
     gvim --remote-silent  $(ls)

?

>  ... --remote-client....

Must be a typo.
There is --remote and --remote-silent. There is no --remote-client.

Yakov