On 2007-04-12, Kirk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there any simple way to have custom blocks of code highlighted and the
> remaining code outside the blocks not highlighted?
> For example:
>
> # file.txt
> some plain text
> [my-custom-tag] some custom text [/my-custom-tag]
> Some more plain text
> # end of file
>
> So the idea would be to open VIM using file.txt and the code inside the
> custom tags would be highlighted.

How about this?

    match Todo '\[my-custom-tag]\zs\_.\{-}\ze\[/my-custom-tag]'

where you can certainly choose some highlight group other than Todo.

You can put that line just as it is into your .vimrc, or put it in
an after/ftplugin/txt.vim file, or create an autocommand to invoke
it on just the files you want.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Mobile Broadband Division