fREW wrote:
Does anyone know if vim uses less ram with nextaw, motif, or gtk,
assume that none of the libraries are already loaded?

-fREW

I suppose the only way to know is to compile gvim with each of the three libraries and otherwise _exactly_ the same compile-time options. Note that this implicitly exclude some options which don't work with all three.

Are you willing to try? You may avail yourself of my HowTo page for Unix if you want to: http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm

"If anyone wants to trade a couple of centrally located, well-cushioned
showgirls for an eroded slope 90 minutes from Broadway, I'll be on this
corner tomorrow at 11 with my tongue hanging out."
                -- S. J. Perelman