On 4/25/07, Mike Mazur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm running vim in a console using gnome-terminal. I put these
mappings in my .vimrc file:

map <c-q> :mksession! ~/.vim/.session <cr>
map <c-s> :source ~/.vim/.session <cr>

Pressing those buttons (CTRL+Q or CTRL+S) doesn't work. When I map as
below instead:

map <F9> :mksession! ~/.vim/.session <cr>
map <F10> :source ~/.vim/.session <cr>

the commands work.

What is causing this behavior? Is it the terminal capturing the CTRL+Q
and CTRL+S keystrokes before they reach VIM?

Yes. You can try kde konsole. In konsole, ^Q and ^S and not
treated specially by default. You can remap them in vim.
Your terminal emulator, if it has menus, then the option that affects
^Q and ^S will be named something like "flow control" or XON/XOFF.

Yakov