Hi,

 is it possible to get out of a started
 "change command" (dont know, whether this
 is this the correct naming...) with a single
 key pressed ?

 For example the text is

    Vim is a #eally$nice editor.

 "#" is marking my cursor position and "$"
 is the sign appearing after I have submitted
 "cfn" already.

 Since vim is really a nice editor, I do not
 want to change anything and pressed "cfn" by
 accident.

 Hmmm....<ESC> kills everything between "#" and "$"...
 "u" would undo it...but this like "do the wrong thing
 and repair it afterwards".

 What I want is to prevent doing wrong things by aborting
 them,..not to do them and saying "ooops sorry...my fault"
 afterwards and starting repairing the desaster then... :)

 So....how can I _abort_ this ?

 Keep editing!
  mcc