On 5/6/07, Sebastian Menge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all

Independent of the implementation used, I suggest to develop good
guidelines. The Wiki should be really valuable and not redundant to
vim-tips or mailing-lists.
I would like to make another implementation independent suggestion; one could
make a VimWiki more valuable by importing the _extremely_ valuable vim
helpfiles into it.

For example, I would love to be able to quickly correct spelling mistakes or
contribute to plugin helpfiles a la a Wiki interface.  I could then imagine
updating my local helpfiles through the Wiki interface via a sync-plugin.

The Wiki would ideally understand how to link to vim-scripts and vim-tips like
vimonline currently does.  As a bonus, mailing-list posts would also linkable
and magical indexing would populate the bottom of each Wiki page with relevant
search results from the list similar to O'Reilly's Safari.

It's fun to dream!  I'm serious about getting the helpfiles imported into the
Wiki though.  I know about the VimDoc project; I think this could be the next
evolution in that direction.

http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html

--
Ian Tegebo