When opening a file in vim, the cursor will move to the last position when
the file was saved.

The "feature" is enabled by some autocommands in vimrc_example.vim, I
copied the code into my .vimrc and use it in all platform.

It really does work in my WindowsXP gvim, cygwin vim, MacOSX vim, and
Ubuntu Dapper vim.

Recently I installed Ubuntu Feisty and the "feature" seems to have gone (I
installed vim-gnome version 7.0.135). Since I use the same .vimrc in all
platform, it is unlikely to be the fault of my .vimrc script, the problem
is I do not know how to debug vim script, and I don't know why that
autocommand does not work.

Any idea where is the problem, or any hint on how to find where the problem
is?

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606