Hi.

I'm having some problems trying to get syntax folding working for Visual
Basic.

Simply put: I've confirmed that the regexes
"\c^\(.*'\)[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and "\c^\(.*'\)[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
work by simply searching by them with hlsearch turned on and observing that
I get the results I'm expecting. However, if I enter the following command:

syntax region function start="\c^\(.*'\)[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
end="\c^\(.*'\)[EMAIL PROTECTED]" transparent fold

...either in a syntax file or just in gVim itself, I get nothing but
problems. It doesn't seem to work at all unless I've actually cleared the
syntax, and since trying that at first it was working, then only working if
I set foldnestlevel=2, and finally not working at all (I haven't been able
to determine why; I don't think I tried anything different).

I don't mind folding solutions other than syntax, but I haven't been able to
come up with anything satisfactory since, after getting folding functions to
work, I'm intending to get subroutines and properties to fold as well
(which, as far as I know, means that folding by marks or expr won't work).

I'm using gVim 7.0 on Windows.

Thanks
-Leonard Frankel