Thanks Tim. I'll check it out,

Sean

Tim Chase wrote:
I am running gvim version 7.0.235 on FC6. I have a slight problem where everytime I open a gvim session, the gvim window is placed behind all of my terminals. Would anyone have an idea why this is happening and how I may correct it?

While I don't know enough about your setup to give exact answers,
I suspect this might be a window-manager issue.  I have Fluxbox
(my window manager here) set to control the Z-depth of various
windows so that some windows/apps always appear above or below
other apps.  I don't know if somehow you've toggled such an
option for either you gvim (a "bottom layer" setting) or for your
terminals (an "above normal layer" setting), but that's where I'd
start looking.  This might have even been changed accidentally in
one or the other by a keystroke you didn't know changed the
z-depth.  My "keys" file in Fluxbox allows me to map a keychord
to "raise" and "lower" the current window (currently Win+PgUp and
Win+PgDn).  You may have unknowingly hit such a keychord in your
window manager.

-tim

--
Sean Hubbell
dBSTM Product Manager / Technical Director