Somewhere on Shadow Earth, at Fri, May 11, 2007 at 09:37:05PM +0200, Andy
Wokula wrote:
> Timothy Knox schrieb:
> >I use vim to write my outgoing email, and for the most part, it rocks.
> >Thanks to
> >all the folks who have written modules and provided tips that make it the
> >best
> >thing for writing email since mailx <grin>.
> >
> >That said, there is one small annoyance I find: When replying to an email,
> >like to intersperse the original email with my commentary. When I am on
> >the last
> >line of a paragraph I wish to respond to, I hit "o" to open a new line.
> >All well
> >and good, save that something recognises the leading "> " of the previous
> >paragraph, and adds one to my new line. Can somebody tell me how to make it
> >stop? ;-)
> >
> >Many thanks to you all. :-)
>
> Add the following line to ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/mail.vim :
>
>    setlocal fo-=o
>
> Create the path or file if it doesn't exist.

Thanks, Andy, and thanks to those who responded offlist, especially Alan Isaac,
whose aimail.vim is filled with neat stuff to plunder.

--
Timothy Knox  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.