On May 11, 2007, at 4:48 PM, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

Simon Butler wrote:
[...]
maybe i'm missing something here. my objective is not to write the comments by hand. they should appear automatically after the brackets, thats how skill mode in emacs is setup and i'd like to be able to do the same thing in vim
[...]

ah. I suppose it could be done by means of a lot of mappings, but it would not be easy. Unless a plugin for that kind of thing already exists at vim-online ("Search for Scripts" at http:// www.vim.org/search.php ), I personally don't think it wouyld be worth the trouble of writing and debugging that kind of plugin. Of course, YMMV.

i'm an emacs user considering moving to vim and this is something that would i would definitely miss.

skill/lisp has a lot of brackets and commenting which bracket closes which statement is very useful when debugging...