On 5/12/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nicolas Weber wrote:

> > The directories structure of the Subversion repository has been
> > changed. Please use this command to checkout the latest sources:
> >
> > svn co https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/branches/vim7.1 vim7
> >
> > If you had checked out a copy of the sources before, please run this
> > command in your source root directory to switch into the current
> > branch:
> >
> > svn switch https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/branches/vim7.1
>
> Can someone update http://www.vim.org/subversion.php to reflect these
> changes?

I was still discussing what should actually be there, and making sure
that SVN contains that.

In my opinion "vim7" should get you the latest stable version.  So far
that is 7.0.243, thus 7.0 with patches.  As soon as Vim 7.1 is out of
beta then "vim7" should get you Vim 7.1.

"vim7.1" should get you the latest version of Vim 7.1.  So far that is
the beta version.  After the release it will be the stable version, thus
the same as "vim7".

Still need to check that it actually works this way.

It's already this way.

There might also be other ways to get one of these, but that is less
relevant.

In my opinion we should keep it easy for the downloader to select one of
the available versions.  The download page would only need one or two
alternatives.

I have never maintained a SVN repository, thus have no idea how
difficult or easy these things are!

I've found an easy way to solve that problem. So now can we can announce?

--
In a world without walls and borders, who needs windows and gates?