"Yegappan Lakshmanan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Hi,
>
> On 5/14/07, zzapper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I believe that the problem of Appending to Paste (*) Register was one
>> of the points Bram was looking at (problem is no uppercase for a
>> symbol)
>>
>> Was there
>>

> In Vim7 and above, you can append the output of an ex command to the
> clipboard register '*' using the following command:
>
>   :redir @*>>
>
> - Yegappan
>
>From the doc how are the following different?
:redi[r] @*>
:redi[r] @+>            Redirect messages to the selection or clipboard.
For
                        backward compatibility, the ">" after the register
                        name can be omitted. See |quotestar| and |quoteplus|.
                        {not in Vi}
:redi[r] @*>>
:redi[r] @+>>           Append messages to the selection or clipboard.
                        {not in Vi}

Anyway I was looking for something like

:g/fred/y A      append to register a but for the clipboard register *

--
zzapper
http://www.rayninfo.co.uk/vimtips.html