Hi, I think a question like this was posted a long time ago, but I can't remember where or the answer, so please excuse me for asking it again.
If I yank the next word with yw the cursor stays where it is.
However if I want to yank text backwards from my current position for example to get the last word I use yb and the cursor moves to the beginning of the word. As I thought these two motion commands were the inverse and they appear to operate like that, why the difference in their reaction under the y operator?

Thanks
Rob.