On 5/15/07, fREW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/15/07, Sebastian Menge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 15.05.2007, 10:03 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Menge:
> > There is an extension called "InbutBox" but I have not
> > understood yet howto use it.
>
> Now I have. There is a sample on
> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/VimTest
>
> But it leads to another problem: In a wiki we have no means to
> autoincrement the id.
>
> Thus the convention VimTip<ID> for page names is not feasible. A good
> prefix is a must in my opinion, but what suffix? Howto assure that it is
> unique, not cryptic etc? Or what about complete freedom, and revising it
> afterwards? Perhaps we can even drop the prefix and use simply a
> "category".
>
> Seb.

That's a hard question.  Would it be worth it to have a cron job or
something that ran every night and moved/linked the newest tips to
be a problem, I just think it might be surprising when you make a tip,
and it's gone the next day. But a redirect like wikipedia has might
make that more reasonable.

Sound good?

-fREW

Also, we need to make sure that the script correctly escapes any wiki
formatting.  For example, http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip7.
As you can see the and is set to be a page in the first comment.  To
fix that you just put <nowiki></nowiki> around the brackets.  Also, I
think that for the most part <br>'s can be replaced with newlines.
Any html at all should have a wiki version.   See below for help on
that.  For the most part I don't think the markup is a huge deal, but
think that we should try to get the script to output the closest thing
possible to wiki syntax.  Could someone send out the script that was
used to upload pages initially?  It would be helpful to see it so that
we could set up some translation code in the script.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cheatsheet
[2] http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Tutorial_3
[3] http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Tutorial_4
[4] http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Tutorial_5