Yongwei Wu wrote:
[...]
If you are courageous enough see a real-world example of complicated
multi-language support, check my _vimrc at:

http://wyw.dcweb.cn/download.asp?path=vim&file=_vimrc.txt (as text) or
http://wyw.dcweb.cn/download.asp?path=vim&file=_vimrc.html (as HTML)

Best regards,

Yongwei

I see a number of tests for has("eval") in this vimrc, sometimes embedded in longer if clauses.

Note that the following:

        if has("gui_running)
                " do something
        endif
        "
        " then later
        "
        if ! has("gui_running)
        " blah blah
                if has("eval")
                        " do something
                endif
        " more blah blah
        endif

will do nothing at all (neither the 'if has("gui_running")' nor the 'if ! has("gui_running") will be run) if expression evaluation is not compiled-in, because in that case the if...endif structure is treated as a nestable comment: see ":help no-eval-feature".

The one way that I know of executing some statements _only_ if evaluation is not compiled-in, is to place them at the end of a script (such as a vimrc), as follows:

        if 1
                finish
        endif
        " the following, to the end of the script, runs only if
        " evaluation is not compiled-in.

240. You think Webster's Dictionary is a directory of WEB sites.