Hi,

On 5/24/07, Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi list,

I have a question (or request?).

I'm using tab pages opening all the files in my project.  I also have a tags
file for C program symbols.  If I use ctrl-] to jump to a symbol definition
that is in another file, which was already opened in another tabpage, it now
would not jump to that tab page, but opened the file in current tabpage.  If
I edited this file in current tabpage, another tabpage would automatically be
synced.

I wish that if I use ctrl-] to jump to a file that is already in another
tabpage, it can automatically jump to that tabpage, but not open new file in
the current tabpage.  And if I use ctrl-T it can automatically jump back to
the calling tabpage.

I tried to modify it myself, but I could not find the settings about tags
browsing in the /usr/share/vim folder.  Only some documentations.  Could
anyone please give me some hints?

This is currently not supported by Vim. You need to use a
Vim plugin and use the commands provided by that plugin to
do this. This plugin has to provide the tag stack support also.

- Yegappan