On May 29, 2007, at 4:22 AM, Matthew Winn wrote:

I've seen similar debates elsewhere where the top-poster's response
has been along the lines of "This is my Internet on my computer; I'm
going to behave how I want and I don't care how much trouble I cause
for other people."

Trimming _and_ bottom-posting, Dave Land replies:

On another list, one of the members insisted on sending HTML posts
where the font was

   HHH HHH UUU UUU  GGGG EEEEEE
    H   H   U   U  G      E
    HHHHH   U   U  G GGG  EEE
    H   H   U   U  G   G  E
   HHH HHH   UUU    GGG  EEEEEE

His argument was that he had visual problems, so he had to use a
large font. He was quite incensed that people were bothered by his
ENORMOUS emails, and he couldn't be bothered to figure out how to
make it so that he could see it just fine on his computer without
sending 40-point fonts to everyone else. I believe it deteriorated
to the point where the poster in question was hurling four-letter
words at anyone who challenged him. The list master eventually
turned off HTML posts.

I'm glad that this list is so much more civilized.

Dave