Tushar Desai wrote:
I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.

Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
why my plugins are not working.)

thanks,
-tushar.

":scriptfile" is indeed not an editor command. You may have misremembered the name of the "scriptnames" command.

        :scr<Ctrl-D>

or, with 'wildmode' on,

        :scr<Tab>

would have shown you ":scriptnames" and ":scriptencoding".

Error:015 - Unable to exit Windows.  Try the door.