Tom Purl wrote:
On Tue, June 5, 2007 2:29 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Selon Tom Purl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Tue, June 5, 2007 12:36 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

Tom Purl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrtoe:

How do you update the categories?  I can't seem to find that text
when I
edit the full page.
We need to edit the tips to add them one, or several category tags.
e.g.: [[Category:Integration]]
But I am editing a tip, and I don't see any reference to a
[[Category:Foo]] link.
IIRC, the category won't appear in the general categories list until
it has a page associated (edit the description of the category).

However, if you have several pages for a given undocumented category
(i.e.  having [[Category:Foo]]) and then open the default page for the
category (i.e.  click on the red link) you will see all the related
pages of that category.

From my very little experience regarding the organisation of a wiki
from scratch, I'll say that everytime we put a page into a new
category, we have to define right away the page of that new category.
Otherwise, another similar, but different) category may emerge.

I don't think that I'm describing my problem very clearly.  I'm trying
to edit the following page:

* http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Indenting_%22throws%22_in_java

When I click on the "edit" link, I should see something similar to this:

    some text

    some more text

    [[Category:Foo]]

Instead, all I see is this:

    some text

    some more text

One would assume that if the "raw" version of the page didn't include a
[[Category:Foo]] link, then the published version also wouldn't include
any category information.  The weird thing is that the published version
of this particular page includes two categories; "Review" and "VimTip".

So what I don't understand is, why can't I change these categories?
I've been editing Mediawiki pages for 4 years, and I've never seen
anything like this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom Purl

If you click [edit] somewhere in the page, you edit the corresponding section. To edit the whole page, click "Edit this page" at bottom.

Never commit yourself!  Let someone else commit you.